Michael Kennedy - Business Resume
- Marketing consultant for forty + years.
- Speaker: National circuit; topics included sales,marketing, motivation, leadership, communications,self-promotion. Developed and wrote many of these seminars including Power Points.
- Teach contractors to pass licensing exams.
- Renovate residential real estate. Forty+ years, hands-on purchase, redesign, renovate and sell.
- President of a multi-million dollar, multi-national real estate development company in the BVI.
- Partner in real estate rental company in Key West.
- Developed, wrote, produced, directed, and was the talent for a weekly segment of Good Morning Virginia T.V.
- Wrote, produced, directed, television and radio programs and spot announcements.
- Wrote, photographed, and art directed print ads.
- Developed and managed advertising accounts.
- Owned and operated graphics arts and design business.
- Screen actor in numerous feature and made-for-TV films, prime-time TV, commercials, industrial films, and shows.
- Designed, developed, and implemented computer systems for commercial and government accounts.
2011 – present
Partner in real estate rental company in Key West.
Contract employee for American Contractors Exam Services
Teaching construction professionals to pass state licensing exams. Virginia and Maryland, Florida
President-Belmont Estates Limited, Board member since 1989
Freelance actor/producer, public speaker, marketing consultant.
Owner-operator Litho Studio, Richmond, Virginia providing offset negatives and printing plates, typesetting and design, stats and photoprints to the printing and advertising community. Employed seven people. Sold the business in 1979.
Account executive, Kennedy and Green Advertising, Richmond, Virginia. Acquired new business and supervised existing accounts.
Computer programmer/System Analyst, Commonwealth of Virginia, First and Merchants National Bank. Designed, programmed, and implemented several systems at bothlocations. Supervised several programmers in these efforts.
- B. S. in Marketing, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Attended University of Virginia
- Diploma from Fishburne Military School
- Honorary Diploma from Christchurch School
- Virginia Class A Contractor’s License
- Virginia Production Alliance - 1988 to present, past president, founding member, Board member to 2005
- Screen Actors Guild, 1986 to present
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists - 1986 to present
- International Television Association, 1985-1989
- Richmond Society of Communicating Arts, 1973-1984
- Richmond Advertising Club, 1975-1980
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce, 1974-1979
Community Memberships and Activities
- Rappahannock General Hospital Foundation - Board of Directors, 2008-Present
- FRIENDS, Founding member, 2002 to 2011, Vice President
- S.P.A.R.C. Board of Directors 2002 to 2005
- Christchurch School, Board of Governors and Executive Board, 1975-1979, 1998-2002
- Christchurch School Alumni Association, Inc. President, 1976-1978 - Board member to 2001
- Historic Richmond Foundation, 1981-1985
- Fan District Association, Membership Committee Chairman, 1970
- Church Hill Neighborhood Association, 1980-1989
- Robinson Street Association, President, 1985
- Virginia Voice, reader 1992 to 2006
- Richmond Heart Association Ball, Committee Chairman
- June Jubilee, Committee Chairman, 1978, 1979
- Children's Theatre, Advisory Board, 1983
- Y. M. C. A. Building Fund, 1972
- United Giver's Fund, Loaned Executive Program, 1968
- G.L.O.W., 1962-present
Special Interests and Activities
- Computer literate!
- VA. Class A contractor, House restoration and construction, houses featured in magazines
- Boating, Fishing, especially Fly
- Automobile and boat restoration
- Travel, U.S.A., Canada, Caribbean, Europe
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 145
- Current passport
- Married, Bryan Patterson, 1983.